Live the Life you Love


My 1st Tattoo
7mos after my Divorce

I still get a charge when people look at me in amazement when I tell them I got divorced 15 months ago.  



"You did not!"  Is what they say to me.
No wonder your life appears to be so freeing, as they refer to my Facebook/Instagram feed.

"Yes, I got rid of 180 pounds of my past life."
I have been told, I appear to have gone through a transformation. I look happier, younger, more confident.




They are correct.  Gaining independence can do wonders on anyone's day to day life.  It is not something I can explain, it a feeling of empowerment and understanding of self discovery.  

Maybe I feel this more because I battled with never feeling good enough in my marriage.  Today, the only person gauging my self worth is is myself.  It is something I have reclaimed beginning the day I moved out of the home my ex and I shared. 

It was a gradual shift in thinking and being true to who I am as a person.  It is something I look back on in awe, seeing how far I have come. I have grown back into the person I was pre-marriage, but even better, now that I am also a mother. 

A Rebirth

2nd Tattoo, 13mos after my divorce.


These days people gravitate towards me and share their relationship problems.  They ask me questions and open up to me.  

When approached by people's current marital problems, I simply ask, "Are you happy 85% of the time?"

If they say, "No." than I suggest they take a hard look at their life now and consider what it will look like in 10, 15 or 20 years.

Can they imagine growing old with this person?  If the answer is "No."  It is time to consider making some changes. 




Forget all the excuses.  

The kids, the finances, the family.  Be present in the now and know in the future you will be faced with all the same circumstances, however you'll be older.  

Will this time be lost?


Why waste your time being unhappy or unfillfilled? 

Why second guess your true hearts desires? 

Why deny yourself the chance to live out your absolute true human experience including all aspects of feeling emotionally healthy?

We only get one Life to Live.

Make this life authentic.  

Comments

Most Shared Post