Why SnapChat is Relevant

My 40something year old self has been thoroughly schooled by the 20something year old generation, the so called Millennials.

Social Media Madness

I have learned a plethora of things in the social media world that I would never have understood if I had not decided to date, no.... "talk to" younger men. 😏

Recapturing my youth through the younger generation has been both eye opening and entertaining. It's ignited something within me that I simply can't explain.  Oh wait...that may be my hormones.  😉


It is not only about SnapChat, Instagram and Video loops, its also about Emojis and abbreviations that would never be used by any of my friends, specifically the married ones. 🤔


I literally feel like I have tapped into a subset of the population that would not necessarily share these nuances with me, if I was not in their day to day world, talking, learning and understanding what truly makes this generation tick. 😜


The games we play! 😋


Emojis.  I have mentioned the eggplant emoji 🍆once upon a time in my prior blogs.  Yes, as a rule, this is used to symbolize a penis, however, most young adults do not really need it.  This is because they've got the real thing to throw around whenever the spirit moves them.  

Being comfortable with their bodies is a going theme with them. 😈


What I figured out is the the following:

🙄 - seriously?
😏 - sneaky thoughts 
🤗 - just wanna hug ya 
😘 - we're cool like that
😍 - extra loving it
🤤 - such a mess/cum in mouth
😋 - just silliness
😜 - i'm fucking with ya
😂 - that's funny
😂😂😂 - that's fucking hilarious 
🤪 - you're an ass/I'm an ass
🤷‍♀️ - idk (i don't know)
😈 - Horny/dirty thoughts 
😈😈😈 - extremely horny/my brain is only thinking about having sex with you right now thoughts.

There are more, I'm sure....



Let's not forget the abbreviations:

rn : right now
af : as fuck (Ie: i'm horny af)
Idk : i don't know
Idc : i don't care

Than there is the infamous Snapchat.  I have to admit, I never 'got' it. Snapchat seemed like a waste of time. So ridiculous.

However, I have since found an entirely new appreciation for Snaps. I totally understand the relevance of it now.

I find myself engaging more and more with messaging on Snapchat than on texting and messager with certain people.  

Why is this?



Just kidding!!

Here is my understanding of Snapchat:

1. You can flow easier on Snapchat vs. Messenger.  Messages disappear, which could be a handicap, but recently I have found it to be more freeing to let conversations purge.

2.  You will never get your messages shared with anyone. (Especially by spiteful bitches who have a vendetta against you.)

3.  Photos disappear.  You can send fun or dirty photos and then, Poof! They are gone. 

4. You can snap videos and Poof! They are gone.

5. I have found, I get a tad excited, when I get a Snap now. I never know what it'll be.  A fun message, a sweet video, a photo of some strange dude, maybe some strange dudes dick, maybe a video of all of the above. (I really need to stop sharing my snap name on dating sites) 

6. I sense, Snap is preferred over messenger by 20somethings. It's their preference.  I'd suggest if you have a younger family member or young adult child, learn to snap so you can communicate with them effectively.

7.  On Snap you know if you have someone's attention.  A mini Bitmoji of that person pops up and let's you know if the person is currently reading or writing.  You feel engaged. It's the instant gratification and anticipation of what's to come. 

Sincerely, don't knock it until you've tried it. We really don't know what we are missing until we've experienced things for ourselves.

Broadening our horizons can be 
Simple Soul Inspiration.


Comments

Most Shared Post