Crazy Ex - BLog Series : Are they really crazy?

I am constantly approached by people with stories of their break ups and massive details of how their exs dealt with it.  

Many do not handle it well.

Exs, whether it's wives, husbands, girlfriends or boyfriends are part of life.  However, we never quite anticipate the craziness that may come with having an ex. 

Co parenting with an ex is even worse when they are crazy!



How do you navigate crazy?

Are they really crazy? 

I decided to do an entire blog series on crazy exs, mainly because the stories I hear have been so outrageous.  Although, I do not personally have any crazy exs, my exs did and I have had what I call my own past of 'crazy ex wives.'  

Sometimes it comes with the territory, the so called 'crazy ex baggage.'



Exs come in all shapes and sizes.  All states of mind, all walks of life.  However, it's the crazy ones that make life ever the more interesting.

If your partner is throwing dishes during arguments and literally bites your finger during the relationship, you can pretty much guarantee they'll be bat shit crazy once the relationship ends. 




All forms of crazy will translate once the relationship is over.  If you have children, beware, they will be used as pawns in their own game of crazyland.

You can not re roll the dice, you can not get out of crazy-jail free, you must deal each and every day with the craziness. 

Congratulations, welcome to your new game of cra-cra life!



I did have a crazy boyfriend once. I believe he was bi polar as I reflect.  All in one day, and he'd go off the deep end the next day.  He was extremely unstable and unpredictable.  Hard to have a relationship that was so volatile.  Was he crazy?  I'm not sure, maybe mental.  I suppose it's all the same. 

Once I had a crazy ex wife (my boyfriend's ex actually) she'd leave me the most ridiculous, yelling at me, voicemails and tired to put a restraining order on me to prevent me from picking  her daughter up from school.  Which really made zero sense.

Another time, she kept her daughter's new power toothbrush simply to be spiteful. It didn't matter that her daughter needed it.  She kept it because I bought it for her.  

This woman was obviously crazy, it was apparent on a daily basis.  It's the ones who don't show their crazy openly that are the scariest.  

They will secretly screw their ex over and over and often go under the radar.  Often, it involves their children.  

I have seen crazy exs be controlling over kid swap schedules, over every little thing, simply to feel power over their ex.  I always felt this was such a waste of time and energy.




I personally don't try to control my ex husband or make mountains out of mole hills when it comes to our children.  I simply do not care enough.  The relationship is over and all we need to do now is raise our boys.  (The below meme is most definitely not me or my ex-husband, but it could be your ex wife or husband)


Life would be easier if we could all just get along. Considering we do not live in a state of perfect harmony, we must deal with the crazy ex and all that comes with ending a relationship.  

In the weeks that follow I'll write about how to cope and navigate with the crazy exs, the emotional struggles and how to shut them down.  I'll even touch on those thoughts of secretly wishing them dead. Admit it! We've all been there.  

Comments

Most Shared Post