The Juicy Gossip

Of course when there is a new love interest on the horizon you will always dish to friends.
Because this new person can't be all that!!

And sometimes shit has got to get real before we settle into to our new lives.

Here it goes:   The Real Housewives Wives of Volusia County.

My ex reluctantly shows me the girl he just started dating on social media.  Foul #1 on his part.   I had a face and a name and who knew the bitch would so dang cute. Really? A blond?

And he goes on to tell me she is just soooo nice.  'No one is that nice', I think to myself.  Let's just see how this all plays out.  Casual dating is one thing, but lets not get too serious too soon.  Our paperwork isn't even finalized yet. 



Of course I shared her photo with those who asked.   One or two friends were sure she was married.  Life could never be that simple.

A third friend did some research and found out she had filed for divorce a week prior to us filing.  What were the chances? I instantly saw Red!  I was certain this chick stole my husband right from under my nose. This was all planned out. I was a woman on a mission.

I was about to do some digging


I wanted answers and I wanted them now!!  I was going to do some investigating PI style.  And I was about to start some trouble all for the good of the cause.  My mental sanity was worth it, don't you agree?  All I wanted was the truth!

And..... although I vow to keep the integrity of my blog and I promise not to make this ugly, the truth of my story must be told.  The whole truth, as it unfolds, layer by layer. 

Keep in mind at this stage of posting I am not angry or upset.   I am simply sharing my story.  I assure you even in the most difficult of times my ex and I always found common ground.  In spite of my own hurt feelings, we found a way to communicate.  

Warning: This journey gets a big bumpy in the next few weeks, hold on tight and get ready for the ride.

I was unhappy about this situation and I allowed my mind to go to a few dark places. My eyes were smiling, but my brain was dark and my heart was tender and bruised. 

Who is she? Where did they meet?  Why were you Instagram friends before you asked me for a divorce? Why her? WTF? When? How? What? My head was exploding!! 

It is waaaaaay too soon to be dating.  It is too soon for any inkling of a potential romance. She was in his life prior, but to what degree? Why move so quickly down that divorce path, was it simply to jump into a new bed? (Why else do men ask for a divorce?)  I had every raw emotion and thought possible.  And from my perspective she was the enemy.  She was the woman who stole my husband with or without intent.  She was all to blame.  But was she?

Now, regardless how true any of these statements are, this is how I felt and what I believed at THAT time. 

I have since 
compartmentaized this aspect of my divorce and choose not to put any energy into it. (I secretly hope it will all just go away.)  I tell myself as long as no one is with my boys or moving into my old house, sleeping next to him, in my old bed. I am okay, for now. And I am. 

I reassure myself and think; I was already engaged to my ex at this point in their dating. (a mere few months) He was in love with me instantly, no one else will have that same affect on him.  I had his heart from the beginning.  Big Fat Win for Me! 

Dating is oh so complicated at 50 with 5 kids. (My ex has a bit more baggage these days) I probably do not have much to worry about. And by the time something changes in his romantic world, I will be long into my new life journey and this aspect of his life will be meaningless to me.



My story gets a wee more tangled.....but you'll have to stay tuned to see this aspect of my divorce unfold.... 




Comments

Most Shared Post