Living Apart

Living apart is actually a beautiful thing.  It is easy and clean.  Being apart allows for independence, self discovery and space.  It is an awakening of what life is about without continually checking in on someone else's wants and needs.

Being divorced isn't a terrible thing, if two people communicate with care.  Being divorced does not have to be scary or shameful.  It can be liberating and revealing and quite fulfilling.

It can be better than life married.  Life apart is something special, if two people can still find a way to have a relationship apart and be civil for the love of their children.  Life apart can be extraordinary.



I am a strong woman who finds the goodness in everything around her.  I own my emotions and stand strong in my convictions.  I may not have always agreed with my current circumstances, but I found solace in my gut, my inner voice that reminded me each day, I will be okay.  That life will find a way to adjust to fit my needs.

My boys have adapted to their 'new home.'  I have personally settled in and really like my new place.  I moved into a 2 bedroom condo upstairs from a town center.  Everything a girl could want is right downstairs from me.  A Spa, a gym, a deli, a restaurant and an ice cream shop.

It certainly takes time, but for me it didn't take much time at all to feel comfortable and safe.  I feel safe physically and emotionally.  It was a perfect fit and ironically the first place and only place I ever looked at.  

Some times, some things fall into place 
because they were meant to be.  

I love so many aspects of living alone.  I reflect and wonder how I ever thought I couldn't do it. 
When I pick up my boys at their dads house, my old home, I do not feel like a stranger.  I just feel like it's another home, where my boys live.  It is much less strange, and much more relaxed than I would have expected.


My ex is happy living alone.  I am happy living alone.  What if marriage could be two people living apart, with respect and a level of care?, No, wait that is Divorce,  An Unconventional One.


  

Comments

Most Shared Post