Speed Dating

Speeddating is a great idea in theory, until the moment you get to the venue and and start thinking what the heck am I going to say to these strange men.



Getting there a tad early to drink some vino is definitely a good idea.  Just don't drink too much and get sloppy.



A friend of mine recommended speeddating, I trusted him and decided to go for it.  Putting yourself out there, after a major break up, always, always a good idea.  It's what we need to do to earn our confidence in the dating arena. 
 
New friends or new lovers, what better way to get reacquainted and learn where we stand and what our market value truly is.  Hot Girl Matrix

When you get started, the ladies sit and the men move from woman to woman, and only have 6 minutes to get to know them.  How convenient, right?   This is when the fun truly begins.



It's Raining Men!

I had a friend join me, this made for even more excitement, as we would compare notes later on 'how we did.'   We had a bet, who would get the most people to be interested in them.  
A little challenge brought this event up a notch.

Each guy was really, super nice. I had the most entertaining time talking and sharing small details of myself with each of them and asking them questions.  Six minutes goes by super fast, keeping it interesting is the key.  

After a few men, the wine had hit hard and I Am sure I thought I was, 'oh so funny.'   I started getting aggressive, "Make sure you pick me!"  I wanted to win the bet.  

There was the radio personality guy, the foreign dude, the guy who enjoyed water sports, the guy who blah, blah.  This guy and that guy.  And than there was my friend.  We pretended we just met, shook hands and laughed.   

"And what would you take on a deserted island?" Give me One person, One food item and One thing.  That was my question for each of the men.


One person, One Food Item, One Thing
What would you bring?

There was one guy who crept into the younger session from the older session that took place earlier that evening.  He came back and paid another fee to meet me all over again.  We had chatted earlier at the bar and when he learned  I was in the 'younger' session, he had been disappointed.  This poor guy didn't have a chance.  He was as old as my ex-husband and I had already decided NO men older than 50, at this stage of my life. (Sorry Dude) 

By the end of the speeddating, my friend and I sat at the bar and picked our dates.  The entire process is interesting, you really need to keep track of the men and their numbers.  Otherwise you won't remember who is who.  I peeked at my friend's page, and made sure he knew my number.  I had to win this bet.  

Many of the men lingered for a drink and we had a good laugh about the entire process and the dating scene. We all compared notes on Tinder/Bumble and we all had the same dating woes. I even made a new friend. 

I learned, anyone who goes to speeddating is outgoing, fun and just cool people to chill with. 
I highly recommend it.  Even if you don't make a true love connection, you will meet some great people and get a kick out of the experience.  

And for the record, I won the bet, (by a cat's hair)  He-haw! I was back in the saddle!!  

Comments

Most Shared Post