It is a Psychological Study

Single women put up with all sorts of strange men.  Every so often we come across a rare breed we call, "The Psychological Studies."




These are the men who have no game, but they do not know they have no game.

These are the men who often come on strong and fearless, and are all up in our personal space.  

These are the men who tell you their life story before you completed half your drink. 

These are the men who are more than willing to buy you and your friends a shot, or two or three, with zero strings attached.

These are the men who, if they finally figure out they don't have a chance, relentlessly keep trying anyway. 


And as a female, we smile, and we are polite, but all to soon, we need to take the initiative to let these men down gently. We know the conversation is going no where fast, but they do not always pick up on our body language, or eye rolls to our girlfriends, begging us to send them on their way.

Why do we engage these men knowing we will never give them a fair chance?  Is it to boost our own ego?  Or is it to understand their chemical make up.  What motivates their brains to allow these men to think they will actually get a date? As if one magical pick up line may push them over that dating edge with us.

I know, for me personally, these days, I can not be mean.  In my younger years, I was the mean girl of the group.  I would tear a guy apart, from the lack of hair on their ball cap covered, bald head, to their ridiculous, outdated sneakers, in a bar! When I was younger it was funny and the younger guys feed off of it.  I became a huge challenge.  

These days, I believe, being insensitive has become more the norm.  Guys get sized up and shot down before they even say, "Hello," being judged solely on looks and clothes.  Maybe, I am sub-consciously making up for all my mean men years.  However, I must admit, its a rough playing field out there.  

Always remember: You Get What You Give.

No matter how grueling those conversations may become, lighten the conversation, enjoy that lack of chemistry and for every 20 Psychological Studies there just may be one worthy suitor in the bunch, hiding behind that ridiculously nice exterior.  


Comments

Most Shared Post