The Dating Phenomenon

The dating world is an interesting phenomenon.  It should be easy and straight forward, correct?  But, this is never the case.



 
Meet someone, chat on messenger, or on text.  Maybe, possibly talk on the phone.  Imagine, an actual phone call?  And than, at some point you have to actually meet in person. 

This is the best and worse part of dating. The first encounter, will we dig each other?  Will he think I am better or worse in person compared to my photos?  Will I want to run away?  (True Story)

So far, I have heard, "You look much better in person."  And to think, I thought my online photos were pretty dang good.  It must be my witty, charming disposition, or possibly they want to get laid ..... or both. 

A compliment is still a compliment.  And I take them all in stride.  I smile and engage and put in enough effort to be charming without seeming too interested.  A fine balance of, "Who are you, oh wait...Who am I?"

The "best blog worthy" date I have had would be the fabulous gem of a man who admitted to me that his assistant actually started our Tinder conversation.



And the lucky girl that I am, I made the final cut for this guy's business pass through Daytona.  He was actually better looking in person, borderline charming, polished and did I mention, very rich.

A decent catch overall if you are into that sort thing.




He explained with no shame, he has a girl in every city in which he owns a home, and this man has multiple homes.  He showed me pictures of his gorgeous mansion in Hawaii.  And right after, the two lovey ladies he would be sharing it with on his next visit.  One for week one, another for week two.

Maybe, when you have that much money, women give this type of guy a pass.  It really is hard to tell.  I wasn't feeling him or his life style. But, I enjoyed my date and learned all sorts of interesting things about how he made his money and his fascinating lifestyle. 




I, of course, would NOT sleep with him, although he had high hopes.  I am simply NOT that kind of girl, it really does not matter how much champagne you feed me.  NO sober is a NO drunk.  Sorry, buddy.

I was so close to being his 'kept' Daytona Babe. I engaged the idea for about a mila-second, curious about the perks.  There were surprisingly very few, maybe an occasional vacation, absolutely no emotional support and he really didn't throw his money around.  Which was probably the most respectful piece of these arrangements.  He had a primary girlfriend, but for the most part, no one was expected to be 100% loyal. 

Don't ask, Don't tell.

 
I really need a better outlet for dating, these dating apps are hit or miss.  It is truly a crap shoot on what you'll get.  It's definitely an entertaining experience, and it keeps getting more and more interesting.  

Stay tuned for more dating dilemma stories.

Comments

Most Shared Post