The Shift

Being Friends.

And one day when you are busy living your life, making a home for your kids, finding your better self, your ex is present in your life and it does not feel weird. There is no strained energy.

You are something like friends or distant relatives.  You can talk and get along and actually be nice to one another.



He and I were never mean or cruel, but at one time we were married and than one day we weren't.

What is left is a relationship without intimacy.  A relationship of friendship and mutual respect. 

Not everyone can be like this, but if you don't have hurt feelings, and you have each moved on, you simply get along with understanding.   It is nice.  And carefree.  It is what an Unconventional Divorce should be like. 


When there is a life change or unusual circumstances and you can discuss it without fighting or getting upset, you both have found peace in each other's space.

This is a key factor.  I am unsure why it gets easier.  You care, but you stop being invested.  You want good for your ex, but you are not directly affected by their decisions.  It is this beautiful space of peace and harmony.

They do not control you.  They cannot judge you.  They have no say in your life.  They want to have an influence, but those bonds of destruction are gone. 

I have found, I can finally be myself again.  I can finally be true to who I am.  I make no apologies.  I never feel bad for being myself. I can relax and enjoy me. I can take care of myself and enjoy my life to the absolute fullest. 

An Unconventional Divorce is about celebrating the positive and finding your way on a journey of hope and a renewed life full of good experiences.  

Trust me when I say, Divorce is never a bad choice when it brings you closer to a better understanding of what life is meant to be.  

Life becomes happy with goodness.  Be prepared for the best of what life has to offer post divorce.  Be prepared for "The Shift." 

Comments

Most Shared Post