Creepy Guys

I write this as a cautionary tale and to set the stage for next weeks blog post.

To align with my single girl series, I felt it was really important to focus on the myriad of creepy men who enter our lives, on a regular basis.

I felt confident writing this, because I have concurred with my most amazing, wonderful girlfriends.  It isn't just me, these creepy men are everywhere.




Let me begin by sharing, I caved and went back on a singles dating app - Bumble.  I still find meeting people out in 'The Wild' (real life) to be much more suiting and appealing, but Bumble can be mildly entertaining. However, I rarely go on - actual dates. (This is another post in the making.)

Courtesy of my gf


It has, however,  given me more blog mentionable material.

I will begin here:

My girlfriend and I are out at Flagler Tavern Thursday evening.  Sitting on the porch area, minding our own business.  Oysters were on their way and drinks had been served up. 

We were engrossed in conversation and bam, in an instant, our space was invaded and an odd, short man, with a cane begins talking to us. He knows both our names via Bumble and announced it loudly.  And you would have thought he was a lifelong friend the way he carried on.





He truly thought I knew his friends and hung out at another local establishment.  I was sure the guy was full of shit and proceeded to tell him so.  He looked at me like, 'shit she's on to me'

My friend and I were most definitely creeped out.  I was reminded how small our community is and it made me laugh knowing my girlfriend and I were infamous dating app girls.  Apparently we are remembered fondly.   Hopefully, by non creeps as well as the creeps.




It is no wonder we stay single.  It becomes a choice, when no worthy suitors cross our paths.  Location. Location. Location.

Online men are most definitely more creepy.

However,  even meeting through mutual friends gives a green light for all sorts unsolicited dirty pics.  Mind you, especially the married men are super creepy.  Maybe they feel since they are secure in a marriage they are free to be as open and creepy as they choose.  The more you ignore them, the more they tend to bombard you with the most outlandish comments and pics.   Entertaining is an understatement, but still in the creep factor.





I met another, younger guy out in the wild, who happened to know my friend's fiance. I was like, hey this is promising, he is young and hot and potentially safe, he works with my friend's man.  The guy went out of his way to get my number after meeting me only once. We chatted maybe for a day, possibly two over text.  The next time I heard from him was 2 days later.  He asked if I wanted to meet him AFTER Taco Tuesday.

Is this girl not worth a $1 taco?

I ignored him and of course I get the infamous drunk text at 4am.  I get I am single, but where does my reputation automatically allow men to think I'm a booty call.  


Isn't a booty call established after you both know if you even want to to get together? Let's hang out and see what happens, in public, maybe have an actual live conversation.  Than figure out the next step.

He tried calling after a few failed booty call attempts.  I did not pick up. His very next text was, "Are you okay?" Because, obviously, I must be dead in a ditch somewhere to deny his, ever so enticing after midnight offerings. 

Geez us!

I will leave my dear readers with an array of dating app creep factor comments:

Apparently I should jump at the chance to: 

"watch a movie"
"have fun"
"get pounded"
"I'll get you so loud"
"be discreet"

All code for: I have no standards and will stick it any place warm and willing. 

No thank You! That is just gross!

For every 10 creeps, there is a decent man waiting to find a worthy woman.  

Check this out it is oh so Funny and True:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10156641243702907&id=6863782906

Comments

Most Shared Post