Single Girlfriends

When you are newly divorced and single, all the single girls seek you out.  They will always be there for social events, they want to meet men together, they want to go bar hopping together.

They want to vent about the crappy dates they have been on, the lame dating apps and all the losers that they kicked to the curb or that were jerks and disappeared.

My most favorite thing to do is commiserate with single girlfriends about their laundry list of dispensable men.  Sometimes, they have so many they are juggling, I need to take mental notes to keep up.  We give them nick names and laugh at their short comings. 

It is terrible, I know, but it is funny and it keeps us from getting too attached.  I cherish every moment.




Of course, I have my own men to vent about, but there is always one who rises, the cream of the crop.  There may be a few on the back burner from time to time, but I keep my favorite in the forefront until I know where we both stand.  And if it doesn't work out I'll swap him out for a better one.  One on that back burner.

That is the greatest thing about being single, you truly never know who will pop up into your life and when and if they will serve a greater purpose or simply satisfy a few temporary needs.





This is why we need our girlfriends.  The single ones especially who understand wholeheartedly what you are going through.  We go back and forth divulging the good, the bad and the ugly.

We may over think and over analyze a particularly guys actions. We will absolutely exchange and compare dic pics. (stay tuned for a future blog post on this topic)  We always give each other the most sound advice....ALWAYS! (LOL)

I have my own version of "sound advice" although I have no idea what I am doing half the time.

"Date the short guy, he might be cool.  He is from NJ. Jersey guys are fun."

My friend listened and went on one date with a very short man and she hesitated and eventually he was more than just a causal date.  They spent lots of time together.  Than one day, she decided she really liked him and bam he disappears.  Why do men do this?  The short guy was and still is A Total Bust!!

I use to say I would never date a short or fat guy, but hey, sometimes perspectives change.  It all boils down to a mans inner beauty. (Right?)  This is something I am still accepting each and every day. I am not sure I am convinced just yet.

I told another friend to just "get laid."  You won't care about the ex-husband anymore. The sooner you are with a new guy, the sooner you will move on.  My very sound advice worked.  She quickly stopped obsessing about her ex. However, she fell in love with the new guy  NO, correction.....  Head over Heals In Love.  Now they are buying property together.

Maybe I'm better at this than I thought.
Maybe, I ruined her life.
Rebounds are never really a good idea for a long term relationship.

I also have my single friends who truly appreciate a good man like a side of beef.  They enjoy their men for what they are: Pleasure sources.  They do not get attached, they take what they deserve, sometimes multiple times in any one evening and they send their man on their way.  These are also my single friends who will always be open to sharing and comparing those very special, laughable photos....aka "DPs" (Stay Tuned)

For all the single girls who are happy and free and enjoying life without a serious relationship, dating and enjoying their lives: God love you for being strong, independent and carefree. 

To all my girlfriends who have boyfriends, are married or contemplating divorce, you are all just as fabulous and loved and cared for.  

We all find the best humor in the most bizarre of situations. 




This statement is true for friendships. 

Our Friends are so very important. 

As we empathize with one another we understand each phase of our lives and it makes our relationships stronger. 

Comments

Most Shared Post