The Truth

The truth is a funny thing.

We all want to know the truth, however we often do not tell the truth.


We lie, we make up stories, we omit key pieces of our story to others and to ourselves.

We justify these lies to make it okay.  We lie about how we feel, about what we know.  We lie about who we are and why we act a certain way.

We twist the truth to suit our needs.  Pretty soon the truth is so distorted, we forget our true selves.  Our souls deepest desires are buried amongst all the lies.



What happens when these lies are so compounded that we do not know who we are any longer.  Our identity is lost, we have no truth to ground ourselves and our soul becomes murky.  Our light dims and we can not hear the truth when it speaks loudly within our hearts. 



Our hearts are heavy.  They will not thrive with love for ourselves or those around us, because the build up of untruths holds us tight, smothering our very existence.

Look in the mirror.  What do you see?

Do you love who you have become?

Do you feel good about yourself, your actions, and your words?

Are you genuine? Or are you hiding behind a facade? 

Are you so fearful of what you might see, you make up a reality that suits you better?

You create a reality that is better than the truth you refuse to succumb to.

My truth is clear.  I am myself.  In any situation, in all circumstances, I feel and I am.  If you ask me a question, I will tell you the truth, from my heart, as I feel appropriate. 



If may hurt, but it will be the truth.  If I choose not to hurt you, I will tell you the truth in a nice way.  If I feel impatient, I will tell you the truth without sugar coating.  If I feel serious, I will look you in the eye and tell you the dirty truth. 

My truth is knowing who I am to those around me.  Some see me perfect as is, some see me as their rival. 

My truth is simple.  I have been the baby, the bitch, the dork, the sleeper, the pretty one, the stupid one, the goody goody, the fat kid, the stoner, the disrespectful one, the shy one, the cool chick.  

I have also been the strong one, the understanding one, the good listener, the bad listener, the chill one, the drama queen, the sexy one, the sex crazed one, the talented one, the dizzy one, the yeller, the drifter, the outgoing one, the good one. 

I could continue, but my point is, I have been seen and reflected upon with every type of person, every personality, every stereotype possible.

I own them all!!

People see in others what suits them at the time.  They see what they can relate to and it brings them closer to a person.  They will also see what allows them to feel better about themselves and often project negative attributes on others.


At the end of the day we are all the same, we all have a time in our lives when we can relate to certain types of people at different times.  We can be whoever we choose to be at anytime.  We can be our best-selves and our worse-selves.  

However, do not forget, we always have a choice.

  • First we must find our truth. 
  • Next we must follow our hearts.
  • Then we must give permission to love ourselves unconditionally.
  • Finally, we must love those in our lives, unconditionally.

I have been told, my weakness is not seeing the negative in others.  The truth is, I do see it, but I choose to ignore it and focus on people's strengths. 

When the negative surfaces, I push it aside and pay attention to the good.  This at times can be challenging, especially when deciding how to forgive and let go. 

Who am I to judge another's choices in life?  As long as it does not interfere in my personal journey or growth. 

Live and let live.



Now think about this: Who are you?

Are you the liar, the crier, the ice princess, the judger, the negative one, the sad one, the cheater, the preacher, the hider, the faker, the gossiper, the peace keeper, the manipulator, the mean girl? 

Are you a combination of a few?

Are you the exact opposite of any of these? Or can you flip and be better?

What facade do you maintain while finding your way in the world? What do you tell yourself and what do you tell others?

Are you okay?  Is it wrong?  Are you happy?

Be honest.  Do you feel safe? 

What is your truth?



Are your words daggers or do you complain?

Are your words coming from a place of 
purity or jealousy? 

Are you fearful?  
Is that fear so strong 
it brings you to your knees in tears?

Do you feel alone?

The truth will heal.  
But, you can not heal until 
you are honest with yourself. 

How much are you worth? 

Be worthy of the truth.

Comments

Most Shared Post