Desire

Everyone wants to feel desired or wanted at some level of life.  It's natural to want to feel wanted. If aligns with having purpose and value.  It allows us to feel special. 

I sometimes wonder if the things I do in life are to only feel valued and appreciated.

I tend to throw myself selflessly into certain situations to feel wanted or desired.



I volunteer to feel valued and needed.

I don't do it purposeful with intent, I simply see a need and provide service.  It's innate.  I don't often realize what I've signed up for until I reflect and realize I often have a hard time saying, "NO."  

Most people will shy away from adding more responsibilities to their plate.  I just keep adding more. The more I add the more I want to do. 

I do things just to see if I can.

I often think my only purpose in this life is to be of service. To provide what is needed for others. 

Why would I do this?  I'm not really sure, but it feels good.  I have a friend, she occasionally describes me as superwoman to others.  I don't see that within myself.  I only want to be my best self.  

This is a life long journey there is always more to learn, more to grow from, more understanding.  The lessons are limitless.  

A few examples of what I have choosen to take on:

I have volunteered for my kid's school on PTA board. I did it until I was burnt out. I meet so many amazing people and many have become friends. The rewards were endless.  However, at the time I just did what I needed to do.  I didn't think about the whys. 

My focus now is on my sons' Cub Scout Pack. I again have thrown myself all in.  There is a need and I am only there to fill in the gaps.  I am grateful there are so many parents to step up in our Pack.  It's been exciting to watch our group grow and evolve in so many ways. It brings me a lot of happiness to see the scouts benefit from the dynamics of the group and seeing so many familes come together. 

I also thrive off of planning social events. It could be brunch, a spa day, girls night out, weekends away, name it, I'll plan it!  Again, it boils down to bringing people together for the common good. 

I started a local Singles Club just because it sounded like a better option than dating online. Again, just a service to those who may need or want it. Who doesn't want an outlet to meet new people when you're single?


The Singles Club of Volusia County 

I have had this blog for almost 18 months. I post once a week on Sunday mornings. I do it because I love writing. 

I have a spin off blog called "The End of Dating : Cronicles of Serial Daters." It's about modern day dating and sex and how much things have changed, yet how some things eerily stay the same. It posts Wednesday evenings.  It is written as dialogue with Morals at the end of each story. 

I do it because it's funny and I like to make people laugh.  Maybe one day it'll make some money, but in the meantime it is all simply entertainment.


End of Dating


My very first blog I started was when I lived in a camper for a year. Ju  It's called "RVing Life." I did it just to see if I could post something everyday.  I didn't even care if anyone read it.  Now I have an entire year of my life written daily that I can ultimately share with my boys when they are older. They were little and super cute at the time. 

Rving Life

When I moved to the Suburbs I spun RVing Life into Living Life.  Not quite as entertaining, but there were some good nuggets of writing in there.  I hate going back and reading this blog.  I find it a tad boring. Except the part about my mom when she passed away.

Living Life

After I divorced I chose to write as an emotional outlet and it was therapeutic. 

Unconventional Divorce 


 I had the crazy idea to begin posting "Unconventional Divorce" and it morphed in many new things. I expose myself, but it bothers me less and less these days. It caught on because I wrote my raw emotions.  

I have a knack for articulating my feelings best in writing. Although, my emotions can be intense, my writings calm them into something else, painting an entire new image, one that continues to resonate with people globally.


  
I believe my purpose is to offer new perspective and be slightly contraversional.  It's done with passion and heart.  I write about my deepest sadness, my desires, my happiness, my fears.  Whatever resonates for me at the time.  I find I push through the hard stuff quicker.

If someone messages me, sharing that they cried or laughed or empathized to what I wrote, I know I did something right.  That is what keeps me writing.  It's all the emotions I resonate within others. The good and the bad.



It's connecting.  Connecting people, connecting lives.  That's pretty incredible to touch so many people with one push of a button.

I find I am always looking for a good story now.  They tend to fall on my lap. I have more stories than I have time to write about. 

When I lived in a camper I wrote everyday and had to find something interesting to create a daily blog about. I did it for 313 days straight.  It was my foundation for today and I didn't know it.

My life is a lot more dynamic now.  Many more ups and downs.  Many more characters and interesting influences.  They just appear out of no where. People come into my life and many often stick.  I find this fascinating.



It's definitely a wonder to feel wanted and desired.  I do this through my creative energy, my ideas and my goals.

I give to get what I desire. 

Think about that.  

Give and you shall receive. Give what you desire, it will boomerang back.

If you do not want to feel alone. Spend time with yourself, date yourself. (I've done this)

If you want to feel desired, desire someone else. 

If you want to feel good, not sad, make someone laugh, or at least smile.

If you are fearful of social situations, plan a small event.  Work your way up.

Do the things you would least likely to do, go out of your comfort zone. 

The more uncomfortable the more you will grow.

And isn't that the purpose?  

As we grow we create new and exciting things to experience, it is what all our hearts desire.



Listen carefully to those desires they will take you to new heights. 

Comments

Most Shared Post