As Light Prevails over Darkness

Each and every one of us has a light and a dark side.   This is undeniable.



I believe we can not fully experience all our good without experiencing all of our bad.

Digging deep into our most treacherous negativities to come through to the light at the other end is a natural human experience.



If we constantly suppress the bad,
our good is only a facade.

I was raised Catholic.  Unfortunately, it was ingrained in me that sex was bad. A sin technically, if done out of wedlock.  Ridiculous as this sounds, it took me years to overcome sexual guilt, as if I was doing something wrong.  A tragedy so to speak.

Originally Artwotk by Brandi

I no longer have any sexual hangups, as bad as I thought the experience was at one time in my life, I am on the opposite side of that spectrum nowadays.

Ironic how life plays out.




We may not necessarily need to act on our evil or bad side to fully embrace the good. The mere fact of thinking the most evil thoughts can let the opposing positive prevail.



For example, I have thought and vocalized my dislike or hate for certain people.  I may have even made jokes about what if I could get away with murder, how would I dispose of the body?  

We all at one time may have considered this.  Yet the majority of souls would never actually kill another human being.

Let's be clear, I would never kill anyone.



Yet the fleeting thoughts or jokes count as an evil persay. I have much love in my heart and that love tips the scales over the negative slander of anyone I may have contemplated killing. 

That of course is an extreme. 

Think about the golden rule.  "Do on to others as you would want done on to you." This is a good way to live a good life. 



However, what if we break this rule on occasion and make a mistake.  Do we forgive or beat ourselves up? How do we treat ourselves?  For all the negative thoughts that float inside our minds of self doubt there is the opposing good.  

Embrace the good within who we are over all the bad.



Self love is powerful.  Loving oneself completely takes discipline and practice.

We may have aspects of dislike within.  The evil is always rearing its ugly head trying to take over and overpower the good.  Allow the evil within to show it's colors for a moment when appropriate than ensure all the good triumphants.  The evil negativities will soon dissipate on their own.



The kindness will trickle over with gooey goodness once the truth of evil is released. 


Comments

Most Shared Post