Characters in the Wild

People come in and out of our lives. Sometimes these people make a positive impact and sometimes they make a negative impact.  All in all, they still make an impact. 

Many people who come and go, I like to call characters.  I love writing about them, especially the men I meet and their behaviors. How they make me feel and why they have impacted my life. For the good and for the bad, often a story will unfold naturally.

'"The Wild"


I have come to realize that meeting men out in 'The Wild' as oppose to the virtual dating world is much more entertaining.  Especially, considering the virtual world rarely bares good fruits, although occasionally I find a worth wild, juicy fruit online. 

Those I like to keep safe and cherish.

The rare breed of 'keeper men' we find on line.


However, by far my favorite encounters are the people I met in person. I find the dynamics so damn interesting and often they stick around. 

Sometimes, I don't necessarily want them too. 

I am going to share a few stories about characters from "The Wild."  One has a crazy ex-girlfriend, one is a stalker, one has a girlfriend and one is now a very good friend. Let's see if you can decide who is who after I lay out how I met them all and how those relationships progressed.



Out in the Wild meeting #1: 

This was a chance meeting at a friend's work event. He and I talked business. That's what I envisioned the relationship to be, a business arrangement.  Sometimes those lines get grayed.  A very engaging dinner, a bottle of wine and lots of banter, the business talk suddenly became more personal.  

The guy was from NY, like myself, and older than most men I offer my time to, mid 50s. We laughed and had a good time.  It was nice to talk to someone who had that mentality I was use to growing up with.  New Yorkers 'get' New Yorkers.




Out in the Wild meeting #2: 

This guy was close to my ideal age range, early thirties, however, he had life experience to age him to be years older.  We meet at a local, trendy hotel bar near where I live, totally by chance. I engaged this guy for a minute and found he was oddly interesting, very nice and super generous. He was also a Florida country boy, how could I resist this one?




Out in the wild meeting #3:  

I met this one at Speed Dating.  He had an over the top personality.  I did not match with him, however he recommended a really good beer, which I still drink today.  I chatted him up at the bar after wards.  He was much more interesting after speed dating. In his 40s as myself. I ultimately invited him to a Champagne party at my house and two days later he actually showed up. 

My friends were surprised we had just meet two days prior.  He made a rum specialty drink for the party and cut limes in my kitchen. He did not need to be babysat and that won me over quickly.



Out in the wild meeting #4:  

Who says buying a car can't bring around a decent guy.  Yes, I literally picked up my car salesman.  Do I need to add, I got quite "the deal."

This recently happened.  Again, this one was a local boy with that Florida, country boy vibe. Gets me every time. Tall, with potential, in his 30s.  Nothing is ever that simple though is it?





Four men.  

Three are currently FB friends.

One I believe has a girlfriend and didn't tell me.

One wanted to take me to dinner for an official "first date" and has vocalized how "perfect" I am.  (I love that shit).   And he has a crazy ex-girlfriend ruling his world.

One became a very good friend and has been a huge emotional support to me since we met.  

The other followed me on a girl's over night trip uninvited, aka my Stalker. 


Who is Who? 

Comments

Most Shared Post