Being Alone

I have been divorced and single for 18 months.  The more time that goes by, the more comfortable I am with "Being Alone."

People can be funny about these words.  As if it's a bad thing to Be Alone, something we can not even vocalize.  

Being Alone is scary to many people. 


I hear words like, "I don't want to die "Alone." 

I find myself responding with, "We aren't dying anytime soon!"

Being Alone does not equate to not being loved or cared for.  However, it becomes a twisted translation.

I find, occasionally, I fall into a mental state of simply wanting some TLC and when you're 'alone' it's not that simple. A little snuggling on the couch isn't often readily available. 


Although, I have experienced the same void being in a committed relationship and also during my marriage.  I believe the worst form of feeling alone is when you already have a partner. 



I'll take the organic being alone over the trapped feeling of alone any ol' day.

I ultimately find myself giving and caring for others as it dissipates any negative attributes of "Being Alone."  If you are a good friend, a good parent or sibling, a nice co worker, all of a sudden life shifts purpose and you are surrounded with love and care and all the things you think are important by not Being Alone. 



Being Alone is truly only a mental state of well being.  

I will admit, not answering to anyone, not worrying if laundry is put away, not being held accountable for another person's set of life rules is a beautiful existence.  My home and my space are mine.  Relaxed, warm and inviting.

That describes the physical aspect of living alone, but what about the mental aspect?  



I have recently witnessed a few very close friends, find deep, loving connections.  I witnessed this with a full heart.  One friend in particular, I have shared her journey, as a long distance courtship evolved and now they are physically together. 


I met the infamous man, who has made my girlfriend so very, very happy. I am literally blown away at how the Universe made these two a special fit.  It's extremely obvious when you see them together how meant for one another they are. 


True, connected love, is a blessing and should be recognized, cherished and appreciated.  From both an inside and outsider perspective.

I have experienced new, connected love many times. It's euphoric, its addictive and it's rare.  It's not easy to find.  However, when found, it's exhilarating.  



Finding the right combination of chemistry, essence and attraction isn't easy.  Feeling truly connected with someone, who you get along effortlessly with, is not that simple. 




I personally can get along with many different types of people and can be very engaging, especially on a first date.  However, for the chemistry and physically attraction to be on par, I would say I'm extremely picky when it comes to men I naturally gravitate to.  It's a vibe, it's either there or it's not.  But when I know it, I'm all in.

Are we doing this or not? 
Because I've got things to do.



I'm the meantime, I will continue to embrace "Being Alone" and loving myself and all the amazing people in my life.  When said out loud and written, "Being Alone" the words are not dirty.

They are empowerment words.  They heal, they elevate, they make us whole and prepare us for that next great thing that comes into our lives. 

Being Fearless comes with all that is involved with self acceptance and knowing how to be at peace with all aspects of our lives. 

Being Alone and being happy while maintaining peace is a milestone.  


Comments

Most Shared Post