Snuggles: Why we all need Intimacy


I have recently announced, on several occasions, that I am starved for intimacy.

My girlfriends tease me.  
"Did you get your snuggles yet?"


It's the one thing we all crave, but we do not always talk about it.  Being super close to someone, laying next to them or on their chest or best yet, getting spooned, this is what I love most about being with someone.  

The snuggles.
 
What guy or girl doesn't love a good spooning, with the right person.



I think I have come to the revelation that if a guy snuggles me so tight that they don't want to let me go, I'm kinda hooked.

Snuggles are the best!!


Of course, it can't just be anyone.  They need to smell good. (I'm big on pheromones) and obviously if I'm lying in bed with someone, I already know I have an interest in this person.  However, throw in the snuggles and I'm pretty much done.



I really have only met one person, since my divorce, that hit a home run in this arena.  I'd let him snuggle me any day of the week. 

I, however, also give back effortlessly.  I'm not fearful of letting that person in and holding them tight right back.  If the chemistry is on par, it is just a natural instinct. 

Being so close you can soak up their essence and be 100% present in that moment, as if it could last forever.

It is never about living happily ever after, it is more about feeling safe in that moment.  Being held, regardless of gender, is vital to the human existence. 



It really isn't, ever, only about sex.  It's the intimacy during and after the sex that makes two people keep coming back to one another.  That trust, that closeness and understanding of wanting to connect and reconnect uniquely with one another.
 
Once that is lost, people forget and usually the relationship falls away.  Especially, if two people have been together for a long time.  I would bet most relationships lack the intimacy that once brought the couple together.



I, however, will keep throwing my wishes out in the Universe.  "Send me my awesome snuggler." One who 'gets me' and never wants to let me go.  Even, if only for a little while. 

No one should ever be starved for intimacy. 

No one should ever feel they are undeserving of it. 

We all want to be held. We want to feel safe.

It is part of being able to admit our vulnerabilities and allowing another human to get close enough to see them.  

It is okay to let all that go, in that moment and think:
"I want you now and I don't want to let go."

Comments

Most Shared Post