The Most Single Girl in the World

This statement was thrown on me this week.  I thought long and hard about the perception this particular gentleman had of me.


Let me give some background on how this all came about:

I started a Singles Club in my county. Yes, the whole damn county. I throw events. I'm in videos and photos on the internet.  I represent being 'single.'



I did it as a service to change the landscape of dating. Online dating apps make it more difficult to meet quality people.  We all have the ability to swipe for something new, 'the next best thing' is at our fingertips.  I was frustrated and took matters into my own hands.

I occasionally meet people in person at local venues.  They recognize me or they are familiar with my club.  They ask me questions.  I tell them exactly what I just wrote.  All of a sudden I have become 'the singles girl.'



This guy who called me, "The Most Single Girl in the World," wanted to take me on a date. I eventually agreed.  He had already done his homework on me.  He read my blogs, checked my Facebook, watched my videos. He knew a lot about me.  It could have been borderline creepy, but I gave the guy the benefit of the doubt. 



Although, he was a tad older, then most men I engage and offer my time to, I felt he made an effort to stay in touch and when I had a free evening, I decided to make the date happen.

Unfortunately, he was so focused on me being 'forever' single and how or if he could ever change that, he missed his opportunity.  He forgot to get to know me and only focused on 'if' he'd ever have a real chance with me. That in itself was enough to shut me down.

Although, I am extremely picky, I am open to giving someone a chance.  I gave the last guy I dated a fair chance and I surprised myself on what I saw in him.  Sometimes people are worth taking the time to get to know. 


Maybe subconsciously I am "The Most Single Girl in the World." Maybe it has become part of who I am, my new identity.  It makes for better stories. It gives me more depth.  It's easier then opening up and getting hurt. 

There is a side of me that is still a hopeless romantic.  Eventually, when I least expect it, the right one, who 'gets me,' will swipe me off my feet.....but not by swiping right and offering up a 'Hey Babe!' 


I'm a patient girl and I am absolutely in no hurry. 

Call me Single.  Call me crazy.  Call me whatever you want.  However, if you don't get that second date, it wasn't me, it was YOU!

Love,
The Most Single Girl in the World!
Volusiasingles.com

Comments

Most Shared Post