A New Space

I moved with my boys this past week.  We didn't go far.  We moved all our stuff from a 2 bedroom condo to a 3 bedroom in the next building of my condo complex.

Our view from our balcony this morning.


We have a brighter space, more room and it's been surprisingly effortless to settle in.

I had help from family and friends along the way, which I'm forever grateful for.



Most importantly, my boys were working with me every step of the way to make our new place home. 

It's a new space.

A new lease on our lives. 
A new perspective. 
A brand new start.

This is very relevant and important.  As I reflect on where I've been, a mere two years ago, my life has changed dramatically.


I truly have made so many independent decisions regarding my personal life, my employment, my living space, my day to day living.

There was a time when this was scary.  There was a time when the thought of being on my own was daunting and not a place I truly wanted to be.

Two years later, I can not even imagine not being on my own.  It is the most natural state.  The easiest place to be.

I have friends who have transitioned into better situations as well.  I see their struggles and then the ease of being happier once they pass through the hard stuff.  
 
Ironically, as a divorced, single mom of two incredible boys, I can say with confidence; I'm setting an example for them, and in turn they are there watching and enjoying the journey with me as well.


I see their enthusiasm and their happiness.  We have had our ups and downs finding our way, but it's been the perfect road.  I can see that now. 

I feel like we have arrived.  We accomplished greatness, the three of us in our space.  The space we share together, emotionally and now physically.


Always, always, reflect on where you've been.  There is growth, there is change, there is a shift in perspective and emotional state. 

This is part of the experience no one can describe or explain. 

You must live through it to fully understand what it feels like. 

It's a feeling.  
A knowing within.

Take the chance.  Be courageous and make those hard decisions with blind faith. The results will be rewarding. I guarantee, you will find your light at the end of the tunnel.


Trust me it will be worth it.

Comments

Most Shared Post