The Most Powerful Revelation

I have experienced a tremendous amount of emotions since my divorced two years ago.

I have meet quite a few incredible people as well.  Many are by chance, others through mutual friends.

I look back and see how I have impacted people's lives, and how they have shaped my own life.

That reflection is vital for understanding who we are at the core and who we would like to become. 


It is always okay to shed those who aren't contributing the positive needed in shaping who you want to become.

What we radiate out into the universe boomerangs back.
 
I have a confidant.  We have experienced similar love paths and have had extensive conversations on the subject of why we feel what we feel at certain times. 

Why do we want who we want?
What is the purpose?

There is always purpose. 

He and I find ourselves making hard decisions around situations that have impacted our lives and hearts. 


We have kept up with each other daily, supporting, sharing and giving hard advice.  At this time, he knows my world inside and out, as I know his.

Why were we dropped into one anothers lives this way?  There is a reason why we have grown close. 

In the mist of our daily discussions, I found a nugget of profound goodness.

We each had a person we cared for and lost.  Our lives are parallel in this sense.  We both struggled with, 'Why did we care so deeply.  Why did these people touch our lives?'  He and I date many and often, but why did we get stuck at this particular time?

I stayed with this and thought.  Is it really about our own feelings?  Or is it more about how we are impacting the other person's life?  We are giving of ourselves freely and openly and the Universe knows this.

As humans we are put on this earth to experience everything.  We are meant to feel all the good and all the bad.  The stronger those feelings the bigger the impact.  If does not matter if these feelings are positive or negative.  They are significant.



What happens when we meet people who are afraid to feel the entire range of their emotions and shut down at the first sign of the possibility of getting hurt.  I see this often.  What happens when fear overpowers the ability to care, to love, to be in the moment and to be vulnerable? 

Something extraordinary gets turned upside down.

My friend and I grew up in the same generation.  We were raised with the same pop culture.  The music and sappy love story movies.  I call it, 'The hopeless romantic era.'  



My friend is a huge romantic, and would bend over backwards for the right woman.  He did this and the girl, who is 20yrs his junior, did not appreciate him wholeheartedly. 


It boggles my brain to be honest.  He is a total catch and he truly cares about so much in life. He loves this girl sincerely.

I believe she could not allow herself to be vulnerable to him.  Her age, in my opinion, was the biggest factor. 

The thoughts and mindset of the younger generations are different.  They have been shaped differently.  I tend to think pop culture plays a role.



I also gravitate towards younger men. I find them more interesting, but they do lack that romance factor. I could write an entire blog on that subject.  I may have to rethink my dating pool if I truly desire romance.

In the meantime, I never discount the ability to feel and to give of ourselves.  I highly recommend succumbing to your heart in all situations.



Our love and care is a gift to those we choose to share it with.  We choose our friendships and care for them like family. We choose who we want to be intimate with. 

Our roles are significant because we show up.  We are present and we are consistent with our dedication to be a part of someone's life.

We are loyal, we are judgment free, we are understanding and we don't stay angry.  We give freely without expectations.

It makes no difference if we are discussing friendships or love interests.  When we give of ourselves, we should always do it selflessly without fear of rejection.



Eventually, people will know in their heart you are sincere, and if they have rejected that care, they will know when are missing from their lives and they will feel it.  They will reflect and they will miss that sincere care they had once taken for granted.
 
It's a cycle.  A very important cycle with purpose.  Do not be afraid to open up, to care, to cry, to be present and vulnerable.  

It will come full circle. 
It will boomerang. 

That is the most powerful revelation in the world.  Give and Give freely with intent. 


Comments

Most Shared Post