Wanting vs Needing


The Rolling Stones, has a great song.  The verse I always go back to in life:

No, you can't always get what you want
You can't always get what you want
You can't always get what you want
But if you try sometime you find
You get what you need



I 'needed' a good topic for this week and had nothing. I 'wanted' to be worthy.

I wrote this title.  And decided to expand.

Needs versus wants.



We all have things we want. 

We want to be cared for.
We want nice things.
We want to feel safe.
We want to be happy.

We all need things too.

We need to support ourselves.
We need to be healthy.
We need peace of mind.
We need to be understood.

If you had to choose whether to have your needs or wants met, which would you choose?

Would you choose the wants as they seem easily attainable or would you choose the needs?

I only listed a few for each, as we all have different needs and wants.  Our core desires may be the same, however, as human beings our needs and wants may change over time and as we get older.



Being authentic and true about what we want versus what we need deep down important to living a balanced life.  It keeps us balanced and feeling good within.


Thing about this:

What if you simply state.  I have everything I want.  I have everything I need. 

The universe is stable.  If isn't conflicted on what you think you do not have.

Instantaneously, everything is met. You are whole, complete, healed. 

Now, think about this.  If you are whole, you have no external desires.  You have fulfilled all those voids you thought you wanted.




 
We truly are in need of nothing.  Those needs are already meet.  They are within our control, within ourselves.  We have the capability of fulfilling ourselves at any given moment.  

When friends approach me and they have a problem, a want or a need.  I often stop and ponder.  Is this a real issue or is it self inflicted.  Is there an easy release to fulfill the perspective void?

Often the answer is, "Yes!"



Comments

Most Shared Post