Life Chapters and Bookmarks


There are times when our new and old lives intersect and you realize you are without a doubt moving forward.  These lines are occasionally blurred.



Closing one chapter completely, when there once was a bookmark, is pivotal for change and growth.  

Once a chapter, or even an entire book is complete, it is time to open up the next and be present in the new stage of your life. 

Maybe you are feeling resistance or an aspect of melancholy, this is natural and part of the process.  Embrace those emotions, own them, and release them.
 
Set those feelings free and do not block or hold back.  You will soon feel a calm satisfaction knowing you opened up a space for new things and new emotions to take hold.

Have no regrets.
Have no remorse.
Feel no emptiness.
Feel no pain.

You will sense the peace and the empowerment of understanding you have survived and a new life is waiting to greet you with open arms.

I drove eight  hours to my Georgia home this holiday weekend in the wake of a massive hurricane zooming in on my current Florida home.

My old home, which I currently still own with my ex husband, is being sold and I am closing the final chapter of that prior life.

This is okay and very necessary, after more than two years being divorced, the timing was right.  I personally have not traveled to my Georgia home in over three years.  Arriving for the first time after so much has change in my life was sobering.


I traveled with my boys and a new significant person currently in my life.  I wanted to share a piece of myself, while simultaneously closing a life chapter, and opening a new one.

This was a brand new experience for me.  I honestly felt making brand new memories, in a place I had so many ghosted memories, would make the transition easier. 

I was absolutely correct.  As much as I cherish my home in Georgia, I needed time to emotionally close this door.  I was also very aware of how important my present life is and how meaningful the people in it are.  

My boys were partially raised in my Georgia home, both with and without me.  They will always have beautiful memories of Georgia.  These memories will stay with them forever.

My boys measurements over the years.


As I sit outside, eating the most delicious biscuits and gravy (made for me,) I look into the woods, the calm and peace states volumes. 

I look over at that significant person, one of the kindest hearts I have met and I am grateful. 


This is exactly how this chapter should end. 
This is exactly how the new chapter should begin. 

I push everyone to mentally let go of what once seems so important to keep.  Let go of all things that no longer serve you well.  It may seem daunting, but it is extremely fulfilling once you have processed all the positive reasons to move forward gracefully.


One chapter is completely closed for me.  No bookmark, no more lose ends.  I'm completely satisfied with this new chapter and am ready to embrace whatever is to come.

Comments

Most Shared Post