Off Kilter

Sometimes there are those days when something doesn't feel right



You can't put your finger on exactly what it is, yet you feel displaced, out of sorts, maybe a touch out of control.

You may snap at your kids for absolutely no reason.  You may be wondering why the disconnect is so strong, but nothing is really wrong in your life.

Your home life and job are stable.  They may not be perfect, but they are good and productive.

You tend to wonder is this it?  

Work - friends - family - food - fun - unsettled - unfulfilled - unknown.

What is the problem?



Could the problem be that there is no problem at all? Life has become uneventful, possibly boring and predictable?

You may hear a snippet of gossip and yet it doesn't move you.  You don't even care.

You may learn of a death or a sickness, yet that too is unmoving.  You have heard it before, same story, different players.



It is part of life.  

What changes these feeling of disconnect?
 
What will lift the spirits of even the most blase individual? 



I get my spark in talking to people about their problems.  I will absorb the most complicated of situations.  I process their words, their feelings and their state of mind and intuitively feel their pain or sadness.  I can easily predict their solutions or at the least hear what they need.  

Sometimes, it's not about fixing, it's only about the empathy.
  
This, for me, feels amazing. 



I spark in other aspects of life too. 

When I am inspired to write, that lifts me up instantly.  Somedays, I have zero inspiration and I need to dig deep for it.  I lavish in the challenge to find my inspiration.  (Like today)

When I volunteer and give of myself selflessly, simply because I am able, that lifts me up.  I never feel burdened.  People will thank me, but I never feel like I need to be thanked.  Maybe it's because, whatever I did felt natural.  

However, being there for those I care most about, when they need it most, that fills me up completely.  

When I'm not needed, I miss those feelings of being needed.  Some days. I wish I was needed more.



That sounds ridiculous as I type it.  However, I often discover the most interesting things about who I am as I write.  Many times, I do things without thinking, never truly understanding the debt of why I do the things I do.

I've been asked, "You do for others, when do you take care of yourself?"  

Yet, it's twofold.  As we give, those gifts get boomeranged back.  It is a natural life process.  

When you are feeling off kilter, out of sorts, depleted, unfulfilled, talk to someone, anyone.  I promise, they will understand.  They will be happy you came to them.  As you share and give, they will feel needed and valued and in turn your mood will shift with theirs.

You will naturally feel better through what I call "Light and Love."  Giving and Receiving our thoughts, problems and feelings is a natural exchange of energy.  We take for granted how important it is to connected and share our human experiences with one another.  

All the good and all the bad.  

Be brave and Be open. 

 It will always lift you up and put the spark back in your life.


Comments

Most Shared Post