Liars

A funny thing happens when you catch someone in a lie.  The lie transforms.  It plants roots and grows like a spider plant.


Those roots are tangled with all the other past lies, embedded into the soil of the relationship, those are the lies you haven't discovered yet.

The long, green, thin leaves are new lies you can easily spot.  They are out in the open, crystal clear, branching out in multiple ways.  

Lies built among lies creating a chaos of disorder. 


Once a liar is revealed, it's easier to catch the true nature of their intent and their words change meaning. 

All credibility is lost. 

What do you do when the liar is in you life and you're unable to pull away?  It could be an ex spouse, a friend who you care about, a co worker, or an estranged, ex boyfriend who hasn't moved out of your condo just yet.  

Hypothetically of course.  


Living or working in the same space as a proven liar is a complex dynamic.  You know when they are lying, you tell them they are lying, you proved they are lying, and yet they look at you with innocence and state, "No I'm not the lying."  Flat Denial.


Maybe you aren't bold enough to call the person out on their lies.  Maybe, you sense it, but can't quite muster up the courage to tell them they are lying to their face.  This creates a cancer.  You know they lie, they know they lie, but the lie continues to live, it thrives, and becomes part of their reality.

Often liars cannot decipher between a lie and the truth.  Their reality is so twisted, the truth is never part of who they are, only a twisted web of tales exists.

I have had friends who lied, boyfriends who lied, my ex husband has lied.  I have had periods of adolescence when I have lied to my parents and I admit, at one point in time, I lied to my ex husband while we were married. 

My lies were in short spurts, as the majority of my life, I have lived in my truth.  I write my truth.  I know the difference between a lie and the truth.  

Why do we lie? 
Why do some people live in their lies? 

Fear!   

I conclude:  Lies begin in fear.  

Fear of the truth, fear of being discovered, fear of losing a loved one, fear of the unknown consequences.

Why is it, that people walk with fear and that fear is so intense it takes them to a place where they feel the lies are better than the truth? Why is the truth so difficult to embrace? 

When do these lies catch up to them and cause harm to themselves and those around them? How long until the lies become uncomfortably dangerous?

When Liars are revealed, when is the truth released? 



Stay tuned for a new chapter of tales based on true life experiences, in the next few weeks.  Because the truth is all more intriguing than fiction.  




Comments

Most Shared Post