Current Day Plague

Call it the end of times, call it the new normal, call it the new plaque.  Whatever you refer to our new lives, it has affected the entire world.


I have personally felt uneasy, out of control, unnerved.  We make ridiculous jokes to ease the fear.  At the heart of the matter, we just don't know what will become of this. 

The unknown is the worse part.

When will things go back to normal?
When will will be feel safe again?
What will happen before this time?

Food is already being rationed.  Will we not have enough?  Did we ever think we'd see food rationing.  Or restaurants closed indefinitely? Or for takeout only.  

No gyms, so walking, running, biking are important.  We need to get outside so we won't  go stir crazy in doors.  


More and more people are getting sick each and everyday.  The faith of many lives still unknown.  

How did this happen?  Virus' come and go, we all get sick.  However, this virus has spread so rapidly, it has brought even the United States to our knees.

I believe the last time I felt the world crashing down was during and after 9/11, living in NYC.  The fear and helplessness, at 27, was enough to break my spirit.  

Once again I feel my spirit being rattled and challenge at the core.  There's a sense of feeling very alone, despite the fact my children are with me.  I find myself, keeping life as normal as possible, yet each day I wake up a little more frazzled at our new state of living.    

My kids get to do what they love.  They don't feel like anything has change.  Electronics, bikes, swimming at our pool, board games and fishing.  An extra week of spring break is a postive thing for them.  




Stocking up on food with them today will be a challenge.  I questioned whether to let them stay home, but I also feel they need to be aware of certain things as we pick and choose what we can and can't purchase.  

I want them to be aware to help shape their minds for what could come down the road.  I also don't think I want to cope with the reality alone. 

We all need to be strong for one another.  We all need to remember what's most important in life.  Yet the underlying desperation is apparent, we see it with our eyes all around us.  

The store front closures and food shortages, are a grim reminder how quickly our society can be shifted.  People see each other as they walk past and smile, but their eyes say, "What the hell are we going to do? Is this really happening?"

We want to feel as normal and safe as possible.  Day by day, we will manage our lives.  Be kind and be open to what others are coping with during this time of unrest. 



Comments

Most Shared Post