Toilet Paper and Stuff.

Sitting at a dinner party the other evening, we had an idea.  Not a super original idea, but one of us started, "So, let's have a Corona party, serve only Corona beer."  Someone else piped in, "And give out a roll of TP at the door."   We all laughed.

Why?  

We could do it.  It would unite us amongst the insanity. 

I'm unsure who would show up, but that didn't really matter.  The idea was enough.


I realize this Coronavirus is not a laughing matter, but there are jokes.  So many damn jokes.  

And if we don't laugh, we will cry.  If there isn't a brightside, we would all be in darkness.

I have toilet paper, but not because I ran out in the hysteria and bought it.  I have it, because I happen to have enough at home before the world shortage.  However, I understand the panic when we're down to that last role.


I think, 'What the hell am I going to do if I run out?  Jump from the toilet to the shower cupping my girl parts?'

Don't act as if you never done that.

I was at a festival last weekend, portopotties had zero TP.  What did I do?  I dripped dried, hanging on for deal life, as I hovered over the nasty open poop hole.  I was happy I chose to wear underwear that day, the kind that didn't slide up my bare ass.  



What would happen if we didn't have TP?  

We would all have dirty butts and stinky girl holes!  We would need more showers.  We would live like it was 1900.  Damn, they didn't even have running water back then.  

What was life for people back in the 1900s.  

People lived with less stuff. Imagine!!! Less Stuff!  We truly are a spoiled society.  Everything is at our fingertips.  


Did these people have unlimited access to TP?  At every retail store and only one click away on Amazon?  These people would be bewildered if we dropped them in our current day society.  

Toilet paper is a lot like love, sometimes we need a lot of it, sometimes we only need a little.  A few squares of TP love will do at the moment.

"Excuse me miss, can you spare a square, I'm in the stall next to you."

Now that's the worse!

What does not kill us, makes us resilient.  

I'm unsure what causes people to go crazy watching the news.  One day, years ago, I decided not to watch anymore, it took a toll. Since then, it has helped my mental well being tremendously. 

I'm not dismissing the potential severity of the situation, however, I've never seen anything quite like this before.  We have had outbreaks, but nothing quite like this. 

Social media is more than likely the root.  Too much information at our fingertips. However, a little craziness will keep us on our toes.  

I do believe being challenged with unanticipated life changes and challenges will help us grow into better humans.  

Take care of you, take care of family and check in on friends.

Appreciate what you do have, and don't take for granted what you need.  Even if it's the last 4 squares of toilet paper.  You'll be surprised at how far a little really does go.  








Comments

Most Shared Post