Freshly Baked Lies

A friend inspired me last week, after one of our poignant conversations.  

We both made the same revelation, 
"Why Lie?"




I sat on that for a few days.  
I knew there was a worthy piece in the muck we had unravelled.

I'm a truth seeker.  I want to know the whole truth, even when circumstances or events tell a different story, I want all of it.

Universal Truth has always been a strong passion of mine, both within myself and with the outside world.

This being said, I automatically assume a few basic things from people.

Trustworthiness 
Integrity 
Empathy

It's not a lot, but it leaves a lot of room for disappointment.  

Disappointed usually leads to hurt or sadness.  I've learned, over time not to be disappointed, but choose to be open to whatever is.  

Think about this:

How would you feel if someone lied to you about having Covid?  
And they went into detail regarding their symptoms.  

You know they are lying.

You want to offer some form of compassion, but you are doubting their sincerity, as you have caught them in lies before. 

What do you do? And why?




Why lie about such a sensitive subject?   

Does the person desperately need compassion or someone to care for them?  

Do they really believe they are sick?  

Or do they have some emotional or mental deficiency?

Maybe all of the above.  

My girlfriend and I discussed this, but there was nothing we could do, other than acknowledge the lie, understand the source and move on with our lives.  The history of this particular person speaks volumes.  I personally feel it stems from childhood. 

There are people who do not know the difference between the truth and a lie.



Many of us are fully aware if we stretch the truth to make a story funnier or if we tell a white lie to our kids.  "Sorry, kids, the store is closed." Or "Yes, The ELF on the Shelf really can open up jars and made that mess." 

This is harmless and expected at times.  

I sincerely try to always tell my kids the whole truth, mainly because kids are smart, and our kids will catch the bigger lies.  My littlest son has a built in lie detector.  It's uncanny
  


However, what happens when a person's entire existence is all lies?  

How does that change a person?  

Did the person come into this world unable to be truthful or did they evolve to be master manipulative liars, based on the events in their lives?

Did they discover lying is easier than coping with their truth?

Their entire reality is twisted and false.  

I have crossed paths with people like this.  Both friends, lovers and even within my own family.  Once I discovered how bad it was, I pulled away or removed myself from the person's space.  

I'm not talking about lying, cheating men.  I'm talking about deception to the degree where you both experience the same exact event and their perception is 100% different than yours.  Their reality is cloaked.   

How does that happen?

When do the lies take on a life of their own?

When they create an entity of destruction and the lies are pushed out into the universe in a whirl of blackness for anyone willing to listen.  

Their lies are self serving. 
They become the victim.  
Their lies give them purpose.

The lies will take on new form. The liar will thrive and master his world with the energy you feed to them though their lies.  

We will feed them everything they lack. 
We become the source of their existence. 

Empathy
Understanding 
Care
Love

"Oh, you poor thing.  How terrible, or sad, what can I do to help?" 

They become vindicated and validated through you.  All from their lies and we allow it!  We keep them alive and they continue to lie.  Once they exhausted one person they will move on to the next.  


This initially made me feel a string of emotions.  Anger being one of them.  This anger was mainly directed at myself.  How did I allow this person to deceive me?  

As I said earlier, I expect people to encompass.

Trust
Integrity 
Empathy

It's a hard blow when these traits aren't reciprocated.  

I am often forgiving, until my own integrity runs out and I am forced to remove myself.  There is not more that can be done.  As difficult as that can be with a friend or a loved one, it's part of our journey and we must walk away to ultimately find peace.  

When we are no longer exposed to the low energy of deception, it allows for new growth to take place.  



 I know when I personally have faltered and disappointed others. I recognize that and will always own my own mistakes and clear the air.  However, there is a difference between a well intended heart and soul and the ones who can never admit that they were wrong or that they made a mistake. 

Those who offer us "Freshly Baked Lies" on a daily basis, are always baking new ones. They will have forgotten their last batch of lies as if they never happened without a care in the world. 

Be wary of those Freshly Baked Lies.
And do not give them breath.  






Comments

Most Shared Post