Light as a Feather

In the mist of chaos there is always a silver lining.



To many that lining comes with the things we have control over, our perspective and most importantly our sense of humor. 

Many people take themselves so darn seriously, they forget how to lighten up and laugh.  

When I say 'light' I mean as 'feather,' not necessarily the kind that shines so brightly it will hurt your eyes. 

Maybe we had it wrong all along.

'Seeing the light' is most definitely more about 'feeling light.'  When we are not weighted down with anxiety, sadness or negative words we 'rise,'  to all occasions, with no effort. 


I was sharing with a friend last night some dark moments in my past, it was long before we had met.  It was a specific situation that had mirrored a more recent situation for me this past year.  

I caught myself smiling when I made some distinctive parallels in what had happened years ago and how quickly I found a way to process and cope so effortless in the last year.  

And then I made light of all of it.  I rose to the occasion, because I knew I wasn't going to die and I had the strength within to handle things with care. 

"What doesn't kill us WILL makes us stronger"



What was discovered, is there are times we are forced to push through a hard situation, but how we recover is way more important then what actually had happened. 

I personally tend to forget my foundation for coping with life right now, it comes from what I have already experienced.  

My friend and I laughed when I wrapped things up in a pretty bow. It doesn't matter how hard things ever were, when we can reflect with a postive perspective, we have done our absolute best.

Our current life can be perceived as hard.  It could be worse for some.  We may be depressed, unhappy, bored, uneasy or scared.

'This too shall pass!'

Others are laughing. They are light.  They are uplifted in the better aspects of what is going on.

They may have smaller social gatherings. Maybe they are embracing not working and relaxing. Maybe they are finding happiness with less stress, or tapping into their creative energies.  They are laughing out loud while reading social media memes. 

They are present in the moment, they are surviving with self care and no hardship.

The memories of these two different perspectives will be very different.  There is light and there is something other than light.



What will resonate?  

What do you choice?

Light as a feather? 
Or Hard as a rock?

Long before lockdown I had decided I'd get this as my next tattoo. 



The infinity aspect mirrors two other tattoos I already have, as well as the feather to one other.  The birds are about letting go and being free.

The irony is, I never realized I would literally need to be, 'set free' like the birds, from what we now call life as lock down.

I believe being forced to be home alone, more often, allowed for a different set of rules, to change our minds on what we truly need and what we can do without.

My mind has been set free already, as our possibilities are truly endless.

Comments

Most Shared Post