Knock - Knock....

 
"Knock Knock"
 
"Who's there?"

"Your Soul Mate."

"My Soul Mate who?"

"Uhhhhh...never mind.  I must have knocked on the wrong door, you would have known who I was and let me in already."

I think this is hysterical, maybe because, I don't really believe there's one person out there for us.  We can feel a soul connection with many people.  It's what we choose to do with those connections that matters.



My intent for this week was to share some of the funnier aspects of dating and dating during quarantine.  

I haven't done much 'dating' per-say, lately.  Possibly some recycling of my favorite prior guys, who I appreciate and love spending time with.  I decided to not take on any new men, as dating is truly exhausting, especially during a pandemic.

I love the look on someone's face, especially someone who isn't single, when I say I'm 'recycling' men.  They give me 'that look' and I smile. 

I have single friends around the country.  In TX, NY, CT, CA, Long Island, GA and here in Florida.  

Not to mention all the female support groups for divorcees or single women. Even the coed groups are very blunt on the current state of events.  

I initially joined these groups to promote my blog, however, I have gotten some very interesting insight from people all over the world. 



What I have discovered is we all whine the same woes.  

I have heard it all!  

Small Dicks
Non committal 
He got 'weird'
Women want kids/marriage 
Women don't want kids/marriage
He cheated
She's crazy
He's too damn short
She's a gold digger
He/She doesn't care about my wants/needs
He/She ghosted me
He did his sister (yes this was a real issue)



Some of the text streams shared are 'over the top' ridiculous. I have gathered all this useless information and felt I could spin it, in the 'anything goes' in this single world. 

Women are way more open with their conversations.  Men really don't stand a chance.  They will get shot down pretty damn quickly for saying/texting one wrong thing. 






Women get a lot of slack for being emotional or too needy or that they need to 'relax.'  I believe women deserve a break.  Oh, and my favorite...."my last girlfriend was craaaaaaazy!"


Have you tried dating yourselves???.....
(speaking to all those judgey men)

However, after, coping with their counter parts of over emotional, needy and/or unsympathetic men, women begin to lose their shit and often times lose a little hope.


Are women and men truly from different planets? 

Or do we all truly want to be cared for, snuggled and told we matter?

In the best of times, I'd say, yes for sure.  

But, in the worse of times, some funny crap gets thrown out there.



I heard a story about dolphins the other day. 

They are one of the smartest mammals on earth, possibly even smarter than humans.



Apparently, dolphins do not mate for life. The male dolphin pairs with a another male dolphin, and they swim around, chilling, as any two dolphin buddies would do.

They look for a maternal dolphin group and work their way in for a little foreplay. 

 If the female dolphin brushes him off, the two males move on.  

If she gives him the 'nod,' they'll get frisky, have some fun and the males will then move on.

More than likely, to a new female pack the next day or whereever their dolphins spirits may move them.

Fascinating!!!


What an easy methodology.  

No mating for life. 

Dolphins are the only mammals, outside of humans,  who do not have a mating season and play for the sake of playing.  They actually enjoy sex. 

Imagine that!!


Maybe our smarty pants dolphins got it right.  I'm not 100% sure, but it makes one think about the power of the female and the ease at which she can pull 'em in' or 'send them off,' all on her free will.

So ladies..... pandemic or no pandemic, let's rethink what we truly need and want.

Men, let's remind ourselves, the women hold those keys, to our hearts and our parts.

Happy Hunting! 





Comments

Most Shared Post